Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Looooooonnnnnggggg Weekend

Generally Long weekends consist of Friend's Food Fun and of course Alcohol. These are the weekends that you remember the entire year as things to look forward to. My weekend was one that I will never forget.

It started off with a trip to Rockaway beach on Friday night. A couple I met recently has a house there and invited me for a pool party. I took Garry (my roommate) along for the ride (because he has a car...haha) - It was a great night and I meet some very nice guys.
Now it’s Sunday morning and we have planned a trip to FIRE ISLAND. This is a Place Gay dreams are made of. The island is one of Long Island's south shore outer barrier islands, approximately 31 miles (50 km) long and varying between approximately 0.1 mile (160 m) to 0.25 mile (400 m) wide - NO CARS - Only boards walks that circle the perfectly built beach homes. Garry and I took the ferry over from Sayville which cost $14 return. As we pulled closer to the shore you could see what kind of day this was going to be. We had only planned to stay for the day leaving after lunch a few drinks. This is not what happened

12:00pm - We arrive in Cherry Grove, a town on Fire Island.
12:30pm - We walk around admiring the beauty of the Island
1:00 pm - We sit down for a Lobster Roll and a beer
2:00 pm - We make or way to the Ice Palace at the Grove hotel to meet Nicole for drinks
2:30 pm - We started drinking ROCKET FUEL's a drink she introduced me to that consists of a pina colada topped with a shot of Bacardi 151.
3:30pm - We have now had 2 vodkas and 5 rocket fuels totally 14 shots of alcohol
3:45pm - Nicole and her friends leave and I realize just how wasted I am.
4:00pm - I am so drunk that I can't actually speak - I have lost Garry and jumping in the Atlantic ocean appears to be a good idea to me.
4:15pm - I m walking the board walk to the water and trip over something causing me to fall off the boardwalk into a tree - I was so drunk that I actually could not get up. I was bleeding from cuts and had hit my head on a garden gnome so I was really out of it.
4:20pm - These 2 guys are yelling at me to wake up and trying to help me out of the tree.
I yell B-52'S B-52'S
4:20-pm - 6:59pm - BLACKED OUT
7:00PM - I wake up sitting beside a guy from Trinidad
7:05pm - 7:45pm - BLACKED OUT
7:45pm - I wake up sitting on a extra large rocking chair with a girl named Heather - Apparently I was telling her my life story but I don’t remember any of it.
8:30pm - I've been trying to find Garry for the last 30 min but he is no where to be had
8:45pm - My phone just died
9:00pm - I meet a guy named Carlos who has a I phone charger and charge my phone at his beach house
10:00pm - I wake up on his couch...lol. He let me sleep because I was so drunk. My phone is now charged but Garry’s is now dead
10:30pm I am back at the Ice Palace and Garry finds me -
11:00pm: Missed the last ferry
The rest I will keep to myself..........

1 comment: