Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Skin Disease and Christmas Trees

A girl I work with has a disease called “Pityriasis rosea” that makes a rash on her back in the shape of a Christmas tree... This makes me miss Christmas real bad....I feel the desire to open presents….. lot’s of presents ...See Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I would take a cold snowy Christmas morning with my mom and grandparents over any other day of the year. For as long as I can remember my Grandpa was the 1st up on Christmas morning. He used to yell to me to get up so I could open my presents. I used to think it was so nice of him when I was younger until I realized that the only reason he got me up so bloody early was because he wasn’t allowed to open his presents until I started with mine...ha
He’s a little sneak and I love it...Christmas was always an event for me growing up. 1st was Christmas at my moms Christmas tree where most of the presents where, these where always shocking presents, TV'S, Furniture, designer Clothes and things for the house. Then It was off to the G's Tree (G's = My Grandparents on my moms side) where we would open the second largest haul.....Then its over to my dads house, My dads was never about gifts because he never got me anything that good, It was just great to see my brothers Warren and Landon, My Nana And Papa and Dad and Julie(my stepmom). I always got 1 odd gift like a candle holder or a CD and a card with a random amount of money like $105 or $70 bucks ….almost like they had thought that morning SHIT – Dereks coming. What have you got in your pockets…lol . I always laughed because their tree was always surrounded with thousands of dollars worth of gifts for my brothers. Electric Guitars, Wii's and things like that. I never cared that much that I got $70 and a candle holder but just found it quite funny. I mean you think they would at least get them to open the gifts before I got there and lie to me about what they got like my mom and I did with the gifts the G's got us when we went to my Aunt’s house - which leads me to My Aunt Elaine’s Tree where we would begin the final serious of paper cuts trying to open an array of .25 cent candles and cookie cutters shaped like Halloween ornaments (with the original price tags conveniently left on, like I think she paid $20 for a cookie cutter shaped like a pumpkin in December) Regardless I always had fun because my one cousin Rebecca, like clockwork, had some sort of attack at the dinner table about the most random things. She would start yelling and making a fool of herself which would allow my other cousin Melissa - My favorite cousin and I to bond. After the drama of dinner was over we headed back to Mums where we played with our Toys and went to bed full and happy… Ahh Christmas…Your only 116 days away……
FYI - Just incase your curious - The Christmas Tree on her back is not contagious and it is not green.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHHA derek i cannot stop laughing this is your calling.

    x

    ReplyDelete